Nirvana. Specifically, the song You Know You're Right. This was recorded during Nirvana's last ever session. That knowledge = the splinter, right?
The lyrics are fairly direct and uncompromising. Not a great deal of analysis needed there, I feel.
Things to love about this song
- The fact that the song proper kicks off with this cheesy, palm-muted, faux-jaunty intro
- The lack of pissing around with a lengthy build-up: a Pixies-esque cut to the chase
- The modal, oriental-sounding melody of the chorus
- Cobain's sodding fantastic vocals at around the 2-minute mark
- The repeating 'You know you're right', which continues that bit longer than you think it possibly could
Read the tabloid-friendly soap-opera of a story of the song (after Cobain's suicide) on wikipedia.